Monday, July 20, 2009

Top 10 Female Rappers Of All Time

1. Lauryn Hill is by far my favorite female rapper. It might be just an urban legend, but I heard everytime she sings or flows a black angel somewhere in heaven receives his wings. Yes, I know enough to bring a tear to your eye *sniffle, sniffle*.



2. Mc Lyte is another great emcee.  She is the grandmother of rap, she been in the game for a minute.  Her voice is one of the most recognizable in hip-hop.





3.  Queen Latifah demanded respect, she bullied her way to the top.  She's one of the most influential figures in the black community all because she rallied for U.N.I.T.Y.




4. Foxy Brown was wild and nasty, but had the hard flow to match.  Touch Me, Tease me is still one of my favorite songs!






5.  Remy Ma is one of the realest rappers out.  Sometimes, keeping it real goes wrong.  Unfrotunately, for Remy it ended up with her serving some jail time. Nonetheless, one of the best female rappers of all time.




6.  I actually haven't heard much of Jean Grae.  I really like her track with Wale, she got a Lauryn Hill type vibe to her.  Lyrically she might be the best.





7. Rah Digga is landing in at number 7 because she goes pretty hard.  She got into some acting, but before that she was definitely doing her thing.





8.  Missy Elliot is the most underrated emcee of the bunch.  Some may argue that I underrated her by placing her at number 8.  She got a lot of dance tracks, she's been in the game for a while and she's still producing solid material.




9. Lil' Kim could have probably been higher on the list.  I think her best work was written by Biggie, so she loses some points for that.  She's real nasty and raw.  She understood sex sells and made a lot of money off that concept.



10.  Eve did her acting thing too, but she's definitely a hard spitter.  Coming in at number 10 for her heartfelt lyrics.




No comments:

Post a Comment